Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am in UAMS

I am ok and so are the babies...but it looks as if we may be spending New Years in UAMS hospital in Little Rock.
My blood pressure is high and all night last night I was having contractions. The contractions have stopped, but they are still concerned about the preeclampsia that I have now been diagnosed with. I have high proteins in my urine and the high blood pressure--no swelling as of yet though.
My blood pressure has been good since they gave me the steroids to help the babies lungs develop. But that is why it has been good. The steroids are keeping it down. So, tomorrow morning will be the last dose of steroids and then they are going to wait and see if my blood pressure skyrockets...if it does I may not be going home...they will put me on complete bedrest and try to get everything under control..if the preeclampsia worsens we will have to get the babies here sooner than planned. They are 3.8 and 3.11 pounds right now and that is actually pretty good for twins. This is one of the best places to have preemies--as I am told..so that makes us feel better too.
I am also now taking insulin with my gestational diabetes...I tell u what, the girls are FINE, it is momma who is misbehaving.
I just wanted to let everyone in on what was happening, crazy huh???
Happy New Year to all of u and urs!!!
All My Love
BETH

No comments: