Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008


Christmas Eve was spent with Terry, Phyllis, Tyler, and Aunt Judy over @ Jim's Dad's house and we had a great get together and I forget how much I miss just hanging out and talking with my in-laws. Phyllis outdid herself with her snack foods and Mom and Dad both outdid theirselves with the gifts. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve.

That night when we got home, Sebastian was RESTLESS & EXCITED!! It took til almost Midnight to get him to sleep. Jim and I wanted to play Santa so bad that it was a very long night for us.

We went to bed around 1 and to our surprise slept until 7 and that was because of me--not Sebastian. We were all up and dressed before waking Sebastian to tell him that Santa had come.

He hopped right out of bed and ran to the living room. Santa was here and he brought him everything + what he asked for. CJ, Angie, and Ethen came over around 9:30 and opened gifts, Ethen was so overwhelmed with everything and it was hard to get him to focus...lol...He is too cute :) He wasnt feeling very good either and actually went to the DR. today, he is on the road to recovery though.

Christmas afternoon was a different story..after I was satisfied that Christmas dinner was done, Dad, Jim, Sebastian, and I went to the hospital. I had been hurting for days and it had just gotten worse--the pain in my side became unbearable. After some tests, they determined that I was dehydrated and wanted to run a few bags of fluids through me before sending me home. Also, after the unltrasound we figured out that my kidneys were hurting because of the lack of fluid in my system. They went to look at my liver, gall bladder, and kidneys and when the technician was on the spot that hurt, I screamed out and she said--Well that is ur kidneys!!! Surprised me as I thought that it was my gallbladder, because I have had gall stones for years.

ANYWAY, long story short, I am having to double my water intake (which for me IS ALOT!!!, Dad says I am going to turn into a fish drinking that much water and I tell u it is miserable drinking that much). The dr. reassured me that it is easy for a woman carrying twins to become dehydrated and that there is nothing to worry about.

I go to the Dr. Monday and I will find out some more results from some other tests that I had to go back and have run today...I will post again then.

I hope that everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and I feel awful not being able to call anyone and wish them Merry Christmas, but I was in the hospital all day and did not get home until 10:00 that night. Know that I was thinking of u!! ALL MY LOVE, BETH

No comments: