Sunday, February 15, 2009

Recovery and holding the girls for the first time



I was taken into recovery around 9:00 and it wasn't until 11:00 until the girls could come into the room and join us...they were wheeled in in those little clear bassinets and I couldn't believe my eyes...they were SO DIFFERENT to be identical!!! They had so much hair!! the differences were mostly the coloring and the size of their bodies. The nurse handed me Samantha and I just melted!!! I was holding one of my daughters that I had waited so long to see, then she said.."make room mom!! there are two u know...lol" So, here come little Stacey to join her sister in my arms :) I was as proud as could be. I never imagined a more powerful moment than the first time that I held Sebastian, but there it was...the second most defining and powerful moment in my life. I was definitely struck with LOVE :)

1 comment:

Life's Moments said...

All three of your children are blessed with such a warm and loving Mother....