Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dealing with the girls reflux


The girls are a total joy and have made our lives complete!!! We never even knew that we were missing anything. I got scared the 5th when Stacey quit breathing on me....we took her to the clinic after I sucked this fluid out of her throat and they decidedto keep her overnight for observation.

We stayed and she was hooked up to machines to monitor her breathing, oxygen levels, and heartbeat. The next morning..after a night of no incidents and me getting some actual rest as I was not worried being in the hospital and hooked up to machines, they sent her down for a Upper GI scan....During the scan the radiologists told me that she had reflux...that the reason she didnt spit up was because the reflux just came to the bottom of her throat and she was getting choked on it, that that was the reason that she quit breathing.

We went home that night with a prescription for reflux medicine and a sleep apnea machine for home at night.

The medicine did not seem to do that good om its own and we were still having 2-3 episodes a day...I took matters into my own hands and put her on the thickener that Ethen used (thanks Angie for still having some) :)

We have only had 1 or 2 since and that is a relief.

No comments: