Sunday, February 15, 2009

Coming home


The closer the day came to go home the more scared I got!!! The ice storm happened the night after the girls were born and I was scared to death to go home in the ice and to be in the dark with no central heat, etc. The girls were ready to come home the day after they were born..not me!!! I dont remember the c-section with Sebastian being near this painful..and the doctors are attributing it to the fact that my uterus was SO BIG!! I could barely stand it the day that we went home and that was not until Thursday January 29th. We put it off as long as we could...and made a plan as a family for the trip home. The lights were still out, so the first order of business was to have Dad, Phyllis, and Terry (Jim's parents) to come home and get the gas stoves going and get the house warmed as much as possible, and to make room in the basement for us to sleep down there with the big oven. The second order of business was the worry of carbon monoxide poisoning...So, Mom and Dad bought a detector that needed no electricity and it was a blessing...it gave me peace of mind and I was relieved to know that we had a plan and were going to be ok.

It was scary with them being so little and new to bring them home during a time like this. It was nice to have the family working together and helping to figure it all out.

After we came home, things worked as planned, we had no problems and the entire house was warmer than it is when the central heat is running. It was so warm that we just slept in the living room..The first night home was AWESOME!!! All the family was here and those that werent came to visit...The girls got to meet their Aunt Gina for the first time and their Uncle CJ was well enough to hold them. I was hurting pretty bad but in and out of lucidity with all the pain medication. I am thankful for the help and support of Phyllis, Terry, and my Dad...without them don;t know what we would have done, I love and appreciate everything that they did for us :) The lights were back on by Friday evening and there was nothing to worry about after that.

No comments: