Saturday, March 7, 2009

SCAMP MARIE SWINDLE FAIN 5/2/91-3/6/2009




My baby Scamp passed yesterday morning around 3:00.


I am totally and utterly heartbroken and grieving!!!!


I have had him since before my 13th birthday and will never forget all of the years that we shared together...he meant the world to me!


He was an awesome kitten, always playing and was for sure always with me!!


He slept under the covers and loved turkey, butter, and tuna. He always gave hugs and would jump on my back when I wasnt paying him attention or was bent over...He meant the world to me!
He meant so much to me that Jim was always wondering if it came between him and Gamp--who would win...well I will never tell, but I am sure that one can guess what that answer is.


He loved to play with rubber bands and blush brushes, he would hide them...lol. He also loved POUNCE (Jim's fav. treat to give him) and catnip :)

He was a very talkative cat, never quiet (unless he was asleep), he would just meow to greet u, meow louder for food and yowl at night--we always said--just to hear himself talk. As he got older he would yowl at the walls and in the hallway at all hours...he was getting senile..


He had lived a full life and was the best cat (baby) I could have asked for.


The only time that we were apart in 18 years was when we lived on Speedway and the front door was left open for a time when I was not in the room and Scamp got out. We called a search party and we looked for days...calling his name and screaming down the street at all hours of the night...we looked everywhere!! I was almost as heartbroken then as I am right now! He was gone for weeks and it was such a relief when my friend Cathy found him just 3 or 4 doors down from the house and it seemed as if he had been there the whole time. He had lost his hair and about 10 pounds...he was as miserable without me as I was without him :(
He had just gotten weaker and weaker after his leg was broken..he went downhill really fast within the past couple of weeks and I knew that it was time....he was not in any pain
(as far as I could tell) and he only cried when he wanted my attention. (I wish now for more of that...It was hard with him and the twins all wanting to be in my lap at the same time).
There will never be another baby like Scamp, he was just the greatest...he was my best friend for almost 18 years and I will love and miss him forever!!!

No comments: