Thursday, November 20, 2008

Scamp


The poor baby, Saturday night Jim was walking down the dark hallway and stepped on Scamp's leg...he let out a SCREAM and could not walk!!!! I was worried sick for 2 days wondering if it was broke and what the vet was going to say..(I was terrified at the thought of them wanting to put him to sleep...and I wasn't having that he is my baby...I Love him as much as any of my family members--NO JOKE!!) Monday morning they xrayed and said it was BROKE IN 2 PLACES. They put him on pain meds and sent him home....they did not even splint it but seem to think he will be fine. We just have to keep him confined and off the leg for the next 2-8 weeks...with Scamp this is going to seem like an eternity..he is already miserable and trying to dart out of the closet every time I open the door. I tried walking him with his back legs up and he wasnt having it...so he has all this pent up energy and I am not getting any rest at night staying up and worrying about him....hopefully he will be better soon!! I feel so awful and I am not even the one who stepped on him :( He is almost 18 years old and just doesnt deserve to be going through all this.

3 comments:

Life's Moments said...

Poor Gompers... I am sure Jim feels miserable over that accident. Hopefully it will heal soon and he won't have to be confined anymore.

carin said...

I was going to follow your blog, but I couldn't see the button. I'm sure it is right in plain sight, but I can blind at times.

carin said...

I teach 9 - 12 English at Turrell High School, I teach with our fellow classmate, Russell Page. He teaches history.